Friday, June 17, 2016

Corner to Corner



Truly, truly, in spite of the popularity of C2C afghans, I had never ever done the technique before I did this square, a learning curve for me on this one. I will admit, just the words didn't do it for me. In spite of the fact that print is the way I learn best, this technique was definitely an exception to that rule. The words counter intuitive push into my brain to describe doing this. Finally, once I got it- tres pleasurable! There is definitely a scrap yarn afghan in my future using this really cool method of increasing and decreasing in blocks.

The Vanna's Choice colors I picked are vibrant, kind of party ship's flags.
The Homespun coloring is much more subtle:

If you choose to vary the colors on the squares from the pattern, that's fine too. We're at the point where as long as you stay away from using the white and the blue you'll want to use for the last Whirlpool square- only two squares for the Tenth Square next week!-, any colors are fair game.

This square can be placed on the afghan in any direction, changing for the 4 different positions or any combination works aesthetically for you. You are meant to do FOUR this week. We are closing in!

I will suggest you go up a size hook from whatever you have used so far- I did.

The link to the pattern is here:

http://www.mainlycrochet.org/store/p348/By_The_Sea_CAL_Ninth_Square_C2C.html


To enjoy while you stitch......

https://youtu.be/blkh8e83x1g

https://youtu.be/eDZgl7H-coQ

No comments:

Post a Comment