Friday, May 6, 2016

The Travellers




OK, last week, you made 4 multi colored grannies. This week, you'll be making 4 full grannies as well, but this time, they will be all one color (except for the edging). That's what I  mean by full grannies- instead of changing colors every rnd, you will be using the same color throughout. The good news about these full  grannies is that they have many fewer loose ends.
Just in case you forgot!

They are basically the same as the multi grannies except that instead of changing color, the same yarn travels over to the corner and it is worked there . There is a Full Granny Help for those who are still new to Grannyville. If you don't read the help, do still keep in mind that not changing colors every rnd will give you a faster "flow" to your stitching- a really good thing, but also something to pay attention to in terms of your gauge. It is very easy to stitch tighter or looser than the Multi Squares, simply because they are much quicker to stitch (guess how I know this?) Don't be upset by this, but do watch out for it. Change hook size if need be.
All links are here:
 http://www.mainlycrochet.org/store/p341/Third_Square_for_By_The_Sea_CAL-_Full_Granny.html


My box never got here (at least, not yet!) so my second Homespun rendition is done except for the edging and decent photographs. While I'm not really complaining about the full sun and warmth out there today, it does not make for a good photo taking day.  Just a taste here to let you see how many new techniques and patterns there are still to learn. This week's easy one ends the truly simple stitching, so enjoy the calm before the storm!



2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, thanks for posting a photo of the completed blanket! Looks so cool!! Nice to have the final 'vision'. I think this will be my "granny square" afghan fair entry this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm still struggling with photos..and I still need to get the edging on it! I figured it was better to show something, even if it doesn't please me.....I can't wait to see everyone else's!

    ReplyDelete